Submission Rules & Guidelines
‣ The regular submission fee of the LUSCA Caribbean International Fantastic Film Fest is $10.
‣ LUSCA Caribbean International Fantastic Film Fest don't pay screening fees to any selected movie.
‣ All films in a language other than English or Spanish should be subtitled in English or Spanish, unless dialogue or commentary is unnecessary for comprehension and appreciation.
‣ We prefer that you submit your film via Internet. You can use Vimeo, WeTransfer, Hightail or any other large file transfer platform.
‣ If you need to send your movie via Air Mail or Courier, the BluRay (NTSC) must be clearly labeled with: (1) film title; (2) director’s name and (3) film duration. Please submit films inside a paper DVD sleeve. DO NOT send a slim, jewel or DVD case.
‣ Viewing material should be insured by the sender and sent via air mail or courier at the sender’s expense
‣ The festival cannot accept responsibility for damaged or lost materials while in transit. Only use BUBBLE PACK envelopes when shipping. Please do NOT use fiber envelopes.
‣ Submissions will only be returned if accompanied by a self-addressed prepaid mailer.
‣ We usually do not accept works in progress. However, we will consider a work in progress if your film has received press coverage, has generated a lot of buzz and if you can grant the Festival an exclusive premiere.
‣ The program is finalized late August. You will hear from us by earlu September at the latest, most likely by e-mail. If your contact details change at any time, please let us know so that we can update our records.
‣ All Pre-Selected films must send their completed and signed Acceptance Form and final screening version of your movie (if it wasn’t sent by the submission process) and must be received no later than mid September.
‣ All entries selected grant the Festival the right to use audio, video and still images for promotional materials. The Festival will request artwork or promotional material for use in it’s website once the film is accepted to screen.
‣ Excerpts from films will only be shown on television for promotional purposes. Permission is granted during submission.
‣ Wherever possible each film is presented twice.
‣ No cuts or changes to any film will be made by the Festival management.
‣ Programming decisions are made by a professional selection committee composed of working industry professionals. It is LUSCA policy not to provide comments on why a film was not selected for the Festival.
‣ Filmmakers accepted into the Festival will receive two (2) ALL-ACCESS PASSES if attending the Festival.
‣ Submission of a film represents agreement with the rules set forth herein.
‣ The LUSCA Caribbean International Fantastic Film Fest is open to the public. Accredited national and international press, as well as TV and film buyers and distributors also participate.
LUSCA Caribbean International Fantastic Film Fest is presented by Puerto Rico Film Academy, Inc. Its main objective is to promote cinematographic art by presenting high-quality films. LUSCA, is an event held in different venues in San Juan, Puerto Rico, runs for eight (8) days.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR FILM
If you wish to have your film considered for the 2017 Fantastic Film Festival please use one of the Submission Platforms below.
Before beginning, please make sure you have read all the Submission Terms & Conditions followed by these instructions.
SUBMIT YOUR FILM
Call for entries for the 2017 LUSCA Fantastic Film Fest is now open.
Early Bird Deadline
February 28, 2017
July 1st, 2017
August 1st, 2017
PRHFF Links are also active and receiving submissions: